Total Pageviews

Friday, March 4, 2011

General - We have a winner!

A while ago now I was reading the Hot Rod Forum and saw that a new "automotive community" known as RPMS had kicked off. It is basically a kind of buying group where you pay $45 per year to join and in return you get a membership card that gives you favourable discounts at a number of car related stores they have signed up to the scheme. The community covers hot rods, muscle cars, aussie cars, off roaders, imports, european cars and motorsport in general.

I know some of you might be a bit anti that, but I have to say I have an appreciation for most forms and while Jappa's don't spin my wheels I can see why the young guys are into them and they do some real nice work some of them too. I guess with Janine's son Carl being into Rotary's, my daughter Leisa being into Nissan's and her partner Kane who is big time into Honda's, I have to be a bit open minded......oh and did I mention I'm dropping a Lexus V8 into the Coupe?


Anyway I thought it sounded like a good idea so I joined up. They have a monthly prize draw and I won a 6 pack of V a few months back. Now I don't normally win anything so it was kinda cool to win the prize even though I don't drink V at all. I did manage to find an owner for them easy enough though.

Now since then I have been eying up the list of retailers I am potentially going to be able to do business with as I progress the coupe, so I have been thinking about RPMS quite a bit lately.

Anyway I was at the Hot Rod club the other night and had my phone on silent so I missed a call and there was a message. I had no idea who the call was from, but it turned out to be Nelson Beatson the Director of Sales and Management at RPMS ringing to tell me I had won a $3000 spending spree to be spent at any of the retailers they have association with.

Silvester V8Auto OneHytech EnginesAutolign - HPC - BOP PolishersCheers AutoFamous ShippingWestech AutomotiveA1 ExhaustMarshall PanelbeatersDynopowerBuddy ClubCustom AutoglassKiwi Race Cars TransgearNZEFICounties Auto PaintersPetes CustomsWired Auto ElectricalPauls AudioGary Capper PerformanceUpholsterers and TrimmersSteve Allan Auto RefinishersMcCullough Ltd - Central Soda BlastPerformance TransmissionGreenville PaintersClass A KustomsSinco CustomsFully EquippedKey West Fabrication & SuppliesHowat Engineering - Freelance AutomotiveRX7 HeavenParts ConnectionAction Canvas & UpholsteryTint A Car TaurangaAJay’s Ford V8 PartsHPE Motor ReconditioningBig Shed CustomsModified Vehicle Certification CentreMorrissey SpoilersTint-A-Car ManukauMF Motorsport FabricationsRivers Speed & SparesVTNZOil ChangersCoby Performance ExhaustPPS Paint Protection ServicesMag & Turbo

I can spend this at anytime over the next 12 months and can spend it all in one wack or at a number of different retailers over the 12 months.

At this stage I am thinking I will use it to buy the back wheels for the Coupe. The back wheels without tyres (because they are so big) are very expensive so I will still have to put a bit of money toward them, but it makes sense to me to get a big ticket item like that as it would normally take me an absolute age to get the money together. A nice item to have squared away and also really helpful when trying to set up the rest of the car.

I am probably going to go for something like these Boyd Coddington wheels in a 20 x 12

Legend - Knoxville


Cast - Ultimate 5


Cast -Smoothie 3

 Legacy F-22


Legacy Spectrum



Legend - Nitro

Legend - Double 5

I am happy to take votes on which wheels you think I should go for and also the finish. All the wheels are available in polished alloy or in chrome, but just so you can tell the difference, the first four are polished alloy and the last three are chrome.

At the top right hand side of the page you will see a survey where you can vote for the wheel and finish you prefer.

And last but not least........  
Thanks RPMS and thanks Nelson!
I am absolutely stoked!

Make sure you get in and get your membership everyone. You could be RPMS next big winner!














.

No comments:

Post a Comment