Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Article - Show Rodder

There is a bit of a standing joke among my hot rodding mates. If your car makes an appearance in a magazine or pops up on the Hot Rod forum or in a video on Youtube, you are deemed to be a Show Rodder. 

You might think this would be a good thing, but make too many appearances and you never hear the end of it and you are chastised and......well......generally have the piss taken out of ya.

It was no surprise then that a few phone calls and texts started coming my way recently. That open day we went to at Juniors in Wellington recently (where my chassis is being built) happened to be covered in both NZ Rodder and Hot Rod Magazine and there was a picture of my chassis in both mags......Doh!

Unfortunately I missed grabbing a copy of NZ Rodder before it sold out, but I did pick up a copy of NZ Hot Rod, and I have copied the article below. If I manage to get a copy of Rodder I'll add that to the blog later.

Anyway hopefully if you click on the image of the two page spread below, you will get a larger one that will be big enough to read. The offending picture of the chassis is in the centre of the second page. My chassis is the one between the chassis in the foreground and the red chassis jig in the background.

 Yeah I know, barely warrants a mention but that's all it takes.....fairs fair though, I have been known to torment someone cause their front wheel could be seen in behind another car :-)














.

No comments:

Post a Comment