Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

Article - NZ Rodder Magazine

No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but I guess you could be forgiven for thinking that as it has been 2 1/2 months since my last post.

This is all because we have moved house and the time taken to find another place, pack up the old one, move to the new one and get it sorted all takes it toll on everyday life and the Coupe has had to take a backseat for a while. No that can't be right, Coupe's don't have a backseat.

Anyway, I haven't exactly been sitting there doing nothing. I have had about 5 things on the go which will see over the next few weeks as I finish each one and publish a blog about it.

One of the biggest things taking place is all because of the fact we moved house actually. You see the garage at the new house is 2 metres longer (albeit 1 metre narrower) which means I have room for a bodyshell. It will be tight, but it should fit, just! It was ordered a week or so ago and it will time in with the Kumeu Rod & Custom Show which is held locally, late in January. This means the guy making it gets a bit of warning, can bring it up from Taranaki with him when he comes to Kumeu and can use it as a display on his stand all weekend. I can then bring it home at the end of the weekend. A masterplan!

Another major event was a feature article of the project in NZ Rodders September issue.

Here are a couple of pics of the spread. It was covered by Debbie Jarvis. Debbie was the one who wrote article for my last Hot Rod a couple of years ago, and she is keen to do a series of in progress articles as this car is built. I thought there wasn't much to see really but Debbie did a great job with it I thought. See what you reckon. Remember you can click on the pictures to see a larger version.






Keep watching there are plenty of things happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment